ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all components of the above position summary the following ?Essential Duties and Responsibilities? are essential to successful performance in this position
- Provide prevention education using Positive Actions and other evidenced-based practices, crisis intervention, and referrals to at-risk youth, their families, and school personnel.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of behavioral health and prevention services, working with schools, community groups, and other agencies.
- Conduct crisis intervention, behavioral health screenings, and/or referrals for assessment and services when needed.
- Collaborate with school personnel to develop strategies addressing behavioral health and prevention, and address alternative education and behavioral placement opportunities for students.
- Present, facilitate and co-facilitate various groups, individual, family, and public education presentations.
- Promote and utilize a research-based curriculum for youth to ensure fidelity to Positive Action and other evidenced-based practices as assigned.
- Collect data and complete reports for compliance with the school district, county, state, or funding agency requirements.
- Form relationships and linkages with organizations in the local community to develop community resources, market, publicize, and integrate Phoenix House prevention services.
- Attend and participate in local school, community, staff, and other meetings in accordance with program needs.
- Complete in a timely fashion, all records, and reports, both written and electronically, as required by program standards.
- Maintain positive, cooperative, and manually supportive relationships with the team members, school administrators, students, and parents.
- Adhere to the professional ethics and conduct of standards as established by professional licensure and/or certification, and the policies of Phoenix House
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent in this position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree or higher in education, behavioral health social work, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Community Health Educator or Prevention Specialist certification preferred.
- Two years' experience working with youth in the prevention, intervention, or education field required.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Possession of counseling personality skills as reflected by a Counselor Profile Assessment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred