Reporting to the Program Director the Bilingual Program Assistant is responsible for receiving visitors and clients, determining the nature of their visit, and notifying appropriate staff. Answering and transferring telephone calls. Providing general office and clerical support to a program/department. Representing Phoenix House to callers, clients, and visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday. Hours: 10am - 7:30pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides reception services, greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, signs-in visitors and directs visitors to appropriate person, issues visitor's pass when required.
- Coordinates intake calls and schedules clinical appointments, including collaborating with treatment team.
- Operates telephone console to receive incoming calls; provides information to caller or routes caller to appropriate staff, places outgoing phone calls as needed.
- Inventory, order, and maintain office supplies for the departments supported.
- Ensures adequate coverage of the receptionist's desk throughout the business day.
- Performs clerical duties, which include routine typing, filing, copying, faxing, completing and submitting Agency forms, data entry, and distributing Agency communications.
- Assists in the maintenance of office equipment, including computers, telephone systems, copiers, fax machines, and other types of office equipment; calls for service when necessary.
- Gathers and organizes data and prepares documents and reports for review as directed.
- Assists in assuring all safety and health standards are followed and respond to safety issues within the facility in a timely manner; ensures security by locking/unlocking cabinets and/or doors in accordance with instructions.
- Maintains confidentiality clients, families, and operations of the agency.
- Manages the room reservation book and maintains the daily announcement board
- Produces and maintains a telephone directory for departments supported.
- Records accurate phone messages, including name, time of call, nature of the business, and person called upon.
- Checks Agency/program voice mail throughout the day and answers or directs messages to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains a general reception area and personal work area to ensure a clean and professional business appearance.
- Coordinates program and employee engagement events
- Develops and maintains administrative and clerical skills through seminars, workshops, or other forms of training/education.
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Prior administrative experience preferred
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Bilingual in Spanish REQUIRED
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Understanding of telephone/switchboard operations
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
Job location: Lake View Terrace, CA
Job number: 296