Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing supervision to patients/clients and facilitating deliverable services. Coordinates and arranges medical services for the Residential Program, while ensuring execution of program policies and procedures and staff and patient/client safety measures. In addition to all components of the above position summary the following “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” are necessary to successful performance in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient supervision in a safe
setting, monitoring, and recording patient vitals per contractual
- Supervises patients in the
self-administration of medication and documents appropriately - complete
medication inventories under the supervision of the nursing department.
- Utilizes and promotes the appropriate
treatment model with all patients, conducting appropriate interventions and
- Observing and documenting relevant
patient information and behaviors, ensuring communication lines between all
departments (clinical, medical, dietary, administrative, etc.).
- Ensures that patients adhere to the
day-to-day program schedule while providing scheduled group services to
patients as required.
- Maintains accurate documentation in
electronic healthcare record, staff log, charts, medication log, facility
forms, and/or other reports in a timely manner.
- Provides safe, timely, and supervised
transportation of patients to off-site appointments or activities, as needed.
- Conducts and documents patient checks
- Conducts and documents urine testing.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring
all medicines are safely and securely stored.
- Conducts routine facility checks to
ensure facility safety and security, including patient and property searches.
- Attends all required staff training
sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements,
completes all training on time.
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings.
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and
Values while acting as a role model for others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certified Medical Assistant certificate
or higher preferred.
Minimum of one (1) year experience working
in Healthcare or Mental Health field preferred.
Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of
automobile insurance, and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to
Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For- Integrity, Collaboration
Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer
service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and
families of diverse backgrounds
- Bilingual speaker is a plus
Job location: Venice, CA
Job number: 354