Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Facilities Technician is responsible for the facility's general maintenance and landscaping; s/h maintains assigned areas of buildings and grounds in a clean, sanitary, and safe conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all maintenance, repair, and landscaping this includes vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for all plumbing, masonry, carpentry, electrical, painting, air-conditioning, refrigeration, kitchen equipment and laundry equipment.
- Sweeps, dusts, cleans, scrubs, strips, seals, waxes, polishes, and mops floors in classrooms, kitchens, dining halls, toilet rooms, offices, and similar facilities.
- Removes spots from floors, walls, woodwork, furniture, and fixtures and cleans chalkboards and erasers.
- Cleans, dusts, high dusts, and polishes woodwork, glass, hall lockers, furniture, air intake screens, and louvers, fixtures, and other installations.
- Washes and scrubs walls, lavatory fixtures, inside glass, windows, painted surfaces, and drinking fountains, and sanitizes refrigerators and beverage coolers.
- Operates equipment, such as floor polishing and scrubbing machines, wall washing machines, steam shampooers, vacuum cleaners, yard vacuums, lawn mowers, lawn edges, weed eaters, and power sweepers.
- Services soap dispensers, towel boxes, and similar facilities.
- Sweeps and hoses blacktops, playgrounds, sidewalks, and parkways.
- Replaces electrical plug fuses, incandescent bulbs, and fluorescent tubes.
- Moves and adjusts chairs, desks, tables, other furniture, and equipment and prepares rooms for meetings.
- Receives, checks, and delivers custodial and instructional supplies, and receives and stores grocery orders.
- Locks and unlocks doors, gates, windows, transoms, and storerooms.
- Cleans, maintains, services, and makes minor adjustments to space heaters.
- Drains water from compressed air tanks.
- Checks and maintains oil level in air compressors.
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish, paper, leaves, and debris, and empties and washes refuse containers.
- Waters and tends lawns, shrubs, and trees; and operates manual and automatic watering systems.
- Keeps records relative to equipment and furniture.
- Tends lawns, turf, and shrubs by mowing, edging, and pruning.
- Keeps drains and flow lines in lawns and other planted areas free from debris.
- Attends in-service training as directed.
- Makes minor repairs to building hardware, plumbing, woodwork, building equipment, and furniture.
- May perform a variety of cleaning and other manual tasks in a cafeteria.
- Conducts facility inspections and reports findings
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Ability to supervise, train, and evaluate custodial personnel
- Ability to make and adjust schedules to conform to the needs of the facility
- Ability to recognize maintenance needs and initiate appropriate action
- Make minor repairs to facilities and equipment
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize cleaning materials, such as soap, detergents, and solvents
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize methods of cleaning floors, lavatories, and other areas of school buildings
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize sterilization and sanitation methods used in custodial work
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize general grounds maintenance practices, machinery, and equipment
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize principles, materials, and methods of custodial work
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize various types of surfaces and coverings and the appropriate cleaning, polishing, and protective agents
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize safe and efficient operation of low-pressure and other heating equipment, ventilating and air conditioning systems, and other building equipment
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize electrical systems in building and grounds operation
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize fire and safety ordinances and regulations
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize procedures for the maintenance of records; and the report, storage, and disbursement of materials
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize pollution control regulations
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize methods and materials used in minor maintenance of buildings and equipment
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job location: Venice, CA
Job number : 252