Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Facility Manager is responsible for assisting in ensuring the safety, security, and efficiency of the facility and support staff for the assigned shift/team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the interviewing and hiring of Recovery Support Staff (all shifts).
- Responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of all Recovery Support Staff and clients. Provides spontaneous and unscheduled attendance and review of all treatment components.
- Assists the Operations Manager to ensure the safety, security, and efficiency of the facility at all times. Conducts contraband searches in accordance with policy and procedures
- Provides client supervision in a safe, therapeutic setting. Documents room/bed checks and facility checks as required by policies and procedures.
- Assists in scheduling fire, earthquake, and all other required drills per facility licensure and documents as appropriate.
- Assists with and conducts investigations of major incidents in the community as necessary.
- Responsible for scheduling to ensure adequate direct care staffing to provide support and security to the treatment community within state and federal compliance guidelines
- Maintains accurate documentation in staff logs, client charts, facility forms, and other reports in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations. Documents all notes, occurrences, and incidents in the Electronic Health Record as required and by the end of each shift.
- Attends supervisor, staff, and other meetings in accordance with job duties. Leads team meetings as needed
- Conducts supervision with direct reports regularly and documents accordingly. Prepares corrective action plans for staff when necessary.
- Participates and facilitates the occurrence of shift change. Ensures that all occurrences/incidents are documented appropriately, facility and cabinets are secure, supplies are stocked for the next shift, and that all keys and other property are accounted. Reports and checks for damages, safety issues, or another program/facility concerns.
- Promotes utilizes and assists the Operations Manager with training staff on the treatment method for substance abuse treatment. Provides on-the-spot job support and training of staff in the utilized model.
- Facilitates routine groups and/or individual counseling with patients and maintain records of these using prescribed documentation guidelines.
- Accurately prepares all supervisory reports and documentation in a timely fashion.
- Prioritizes work requirements and maintains the quality output of the department.
- Implements new programs and procedures in coordination with the management team.
- Promote clear, direct, and healthy staff communication patterns.
- Maintains a positive relationship with staff, residents, parents, and other agency contacts.
- Provides on-call support for Recovery Support Staff and covers shifts as needed.
- Ensures training compliance at all times for self and all Recovery Support Staff
- Conducts and oversees all facility drug testing in accordance with Phoenix House policy and clinical need.
- Ensures compliance with daily schedule, the fidelity of groups, and documentation thereof.
- Transports patients to off-site appointments, outings, and other requested activities or events. Ensures all travel and transport policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent in this position supervises Recovery Support Staff
- The Registered Facility Manager shall possess a
- High school diploma or its equivalent; and be registered as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor recognized by The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). or
- The Certified Facility Manager shall possess a
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent; and be Certified as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor recognized by The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- Three (3) years of experience working in a co-occurring residential or outpatient treatment setting.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in a co-occurring residential or outpatient treatment setting.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job Location: Venice, CA
Job Number: 513