New Program, Position Starts July, 1, 2020
In-Custody Admission Clinician
Reporting to the Program Director, the In-Custody Admissions Clinician is
responsible for the management of the administrative functions for the
In-Custody Admissions Department and provide support with conducting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs clinical assessments for admissions to
Phoenix House programs; performs assessments and evaluations in keeping with
Phoenix House policies and procedures.
- Interviewing prospective patients and relatives to
obtain necessary and pertinent personal and financial data to determine
eligibility and appropriateness of treatment and admission.
- Completes progress notes, and documents provisional
diagnosis and medical necessity for treatment in client's Electronic Health
Record and County systems, as applicable.
- Performs crisis intervention sessions for families
who are seeking treatment.
- Completes the admissions process for assigned
intakes with approval by their authorized representatives.
- Creates the patient's Electronic Health Record, as
part of the admission process and responsible for data management related to
assigned county, in-network insurance provider, and/or private pay patient
- Maintains and provides a list of referrals for
patients who do not meet the admissions criteria.
- Participates in both daily admission meetings and
bi-weekly individual supervision meetings with Program Director.
- Communicate and coordinate with Program Director
regarding prospective intakes.
- Actively establishes and maintains contacts and
communications with various organizations and agencies.
- Verify insurance benefits of potential clients
including the scope of coverage, health insurance, & share of the cost
- Maintain all required reporting functions and assure
100% completion of all admission paperwork as required by the agency, county,
and other regularly bodies
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal confidentiality
laws and regulations.
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to the
clinical team that will assume care for the patient.
- Attends all required staff training sessions in
accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all
training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission,
Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family
Therapy or related field
- AMFT or ACSW with current California Board of
Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Registration required.
- LMFT or LCSW with current California Board of
Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Registration a plus
- Must maintain licensure as a condition of
- Experience in Substance Abuse or Mental Health
- Experience with SPAC, DMH, Community Care Licensing,
and other governing bodies preferred
- Evidenced-Based Trained/Certified in MAP, TF-CBT, SS
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License,
have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on
Phoenix House policy
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix
House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For- Integrity, Collaboration
Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic medical record
- Proficiency with SPAC, DMH, Community Care
Licensing, and other governing bodies
- Establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce
appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and
- Understanding of adult/adolescent development and
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver,
self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport
with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job Location: Orange, CA
Job ID: 201