Reporting to the Sr. Program Director
the Intake Specialist is responsible for being the first point of contact for
all referrals coming into the programs of mental health, substance abuse
treatment, and wraparound. This role is
responsible for the processing of referrals, communicating with county systems,
and ensuring access to care timelines are followed and met. Representing Phoenix House to callers,
clients, and visitors in a friendly, professional manner
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
the initial data gathering for any/all referrals in all outpatient programs
including DMH and OPSA
initial screening for all new referrals and schedules intake based on intake
clinician with intake documentation.
clients Medi-Cal eligibility.
- Enters new client information into Exym and
county systems (IBHIS and Sage)
- Updates access to care system with county
(SRTS, SRL log)
network adequacy county meetings and stays abreast of access to care policies
status of referrals with site supervisors and referring parties.
out letters to clients/families and referring parties as instructed re: intake
and ensures that service providers submit reports in a timely manner.
data and maintains data base files as required
out and tracks various letters, records and documents.
- Performs clerical
duties, which include routine typing, filing, copying, faxing, completing and
submitting Agency forms, data entry, and distributing Agency communications.
- Assists in
assuring all safety and health standards are followed and respond to safety
issues within the facility in a timely manner; ensures security by
locking/unlocking cabinets and/or doors in accordance with instructions.
confidentiality clients, families, and operations of the agency.
- Develops and
maintains administrative and clerical skills through seminars, workshops, or
other forms of training/education.
- Attends all
required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state
licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Provides back up
coverage of the receptionist's desk as needed for lunch, vacations, illness,
- Attends and
participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and
promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role
model for others
- Other duties as
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year of administrative assistant experience
- Experience with intake or admissions a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision,
and Values: I CARE For- Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect,
Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Understanding of telephone/switchboard operations
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer
service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and
families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Location: Lake View Terrace, CA
Job Number: 408