Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the MIP Clinical Trainee is responsible for providing a variety of individual, family, and group therapy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct clinical work and/or therapeutic services to clients and families as measured by supervision and/or direct observation.
- Submits timely documentation (progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, notes to chart) as outlined in policy and measured via productivity reports.
- Continually assesses the needs and symptoms of clients and families (meets medical necessity) formulating a psychosocial diagnosis, gathering history, and determining the most appropriate method (s) of providing treatment/Evidence-Based Practice (individual, family, group, case management, outreach, etc.)
- Continually assesses client progress and modifies treatment via completion and submission of outcome measures.
- Accurately documents all work with the client and/or family and/or relevant persons as measured by QA standards and peer review audit results.
- Participates in clinical/case supervision by coming prepared to discuss current caseload, documentation, and productivity; accepts constructive feedback and direction; and puts feedback into clinical and/or therapeutic practice with clients.
- Establishes and maintains rapport and effective working relationships with clients, families, and community; works effectively within the Agency and community at large.
- Maintains overall confidentiality information regarding clients, families, and operations of the Agency (including media).
- Incorporates Agency philosophy and mission in all aspects of job performance.
- Maintains a professional relationship with clients, staff, and other outside stakeholders at all times.
- Exercises good judgment in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time.
- Attends and participates in relevant program and all staff meetings.
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others.
- Participate in mentoring meeting of one hour weekly, in supervision meetings as appropriate for their license/certification type, and in MIP staff meetings.
- Participate in required MIP and EBP trainings, quarterly online regional and statewide learning collaboratives, monthly instructional webinars, and monthly coaching calls as assigned and required by MIP Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field.
- Must maintain credentialing as a condition of employment.
- Experience in Substance Abuse or Mental Health preferred.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking.
- Proficiency in MS Office systems.
- Ability to utilize an electronic medical record.
- Proficiency with SPAC, DMH, Community Care Licensing, and other governing bodies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients.
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor.
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities.
- Understanding of adult/adolescent development and family systems.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative.
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Job Location: Santa Ana, CA
Job Number: 472