Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing supervision to patients/clients and facilitating deliverable services. Coordinates and arranges medical services for the Residential Program, while ensuring execution of program policies and procedures and staff and patient/client safety measures. In addition to all components of the above position summary the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides patient supervision in a safe setting, monitoring, and recording patient vitals per contractual requirements.
- Supervises patients in the self-administration of medication and documents appropriately ? complete medication inventories under the supervision of the nursing department.
- Utilizes and promotes the appropriate treatment model with all patients, conducting appropriate interventions and providing support.
- Observing and documenting relevant patient information and behaviors, ensuring communication lines between all departments (clinical, medical, dietary, administrative, etc.).
- Ensures that patients adhere to the day-to-day program schedule while providing scheduled group services to patients as required.
- Maintains accurate documentation in electronic healthcare record, staff log, charts, medication log, facility forms, and/or other reports in a timely manner.
- Provides safe, timely, and supervised transportation of patients to off-site appointments or activities, as needed.
- Conducts and documents patient checks and counts.
- Conducts and documents urine testing.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring all medicines are safely and securely stored.
- Conducts routine facility checks to ensure facility safety and security, including patient and property searches.
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time.
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings.
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Medical Assistant certificate or higher preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year working in Healthcare or Mental Health field.
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor.
- Experience with OCHCA, SAPC, DMH, Community Care Licensing, and other governing bodies preferred.
- Evidenced-Based Trained/Certified in TF-CBT, SS Preferred.
- Experience in a related field of Substance Abuse or Mental Health preferred.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance, and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of diverse backgrounds
- Bilingual speaker is a plus
Job location: Venice, CA
Job number: 400