Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the Nurse is responsible for coordinating and arranging all medical services for a Phoenix House program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arranges and assists in the provision of on-site medical services conducted by the consulting physician.
- Arranges off-site medical services as needed.
- Prepares and maintains all medical records.
- Responsible for overseeing and the implementing self-administration of medication.
- Provides client/patient care in accordance with program and individual treatment plans, which includes:
- Oversees daily routines, including hygiene, dressing, meetings, and any other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Nurse or Nurse Manager.
- Monitors and reports the behaviors of clients/patients.
- Ensures the safety of program participants
- Creates opportunities for and teaches general life skills in the areas of health, fitness, and nutrition.
- Maintains overall confidentiality records.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining medical supplies and all facility first aid equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining medical office and for ensuring all medicines are safely and securely stored.
- Arranges for additional medical services or health seminars both on and off-site, as needed.
- Administer tuberculosis test to clients as indicated by Phoenix House procedures.
- Maintain all required reporting functions and assure 100% completion of all paperwork.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Other duties as assigned
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job location: Santa Ana, CA
Job number: 298