Reporting to the VP of HR, the Recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening, and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screens resume, interviews candidates (by phone or in-person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding the recruiting process.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to agency policy
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resources preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- HRIS experience
- At least two years of prior recruiting experience
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission and Values: I CARE ? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with all staff levels and backgrounds
- Ability to stay abreast of trends in HR recruitment and policy to ensure the organization is proactive in its functioning
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS EXCEL and WORD
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver; self-directed; customer service-oriented; and, collaborative
- Solid proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to articulate and explain Phoenix House's organization, structure, and culture
- Demonstrated ability to interact with management at all levels. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communications-clear, succinct, focused
- Understanding of and familiarity with the digital environment and marketplace (functions, positions, candidates, etc.)
- Ability and agility to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on, team-oriented work ethic
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a high-pressure environment
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment law and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to learn
***This position is remote.
Job number: 301