Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Residential Technician is responsible for providing supervision to patients and facilitates deliverable services while ensuring execution of program policies and procedures as well as staff and patient safety measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides patient supervision in a safe, therapeutic setting.
- Utilizes and promotes the appropriate treatment model with all patients. Conducting appropriate interventions and providing support.
- Observing and documenting relevant patient information and behaviors. Ensuring communication lines between all departments (clinical, medical, culinary, administrative?etc.)
- Ensures that patients adhere to the day-to-day program schedule.
- Maintains accurate documentation in electronic healthcare record, staff log, charts, facility forms, and/or other reports in a timely manner.
- Provides safe, timely, and supervised the transportation of patients to off-site appointments or activities
- Conducts and documents patient checks and counts.
- Conducts routine facility checks to ensure facility safety and security. Including patient and property searches
- Conducts and documents urine testing
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Assumes lead duties for shift(s) as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or its equivalent required
- Preferred six months prior experience in a related field.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job location: Venice, CA
Job number: 241