Senior Human Resources Generalist
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Sr. Human Resources
Generalist is responsible for the full implementation of all human resources
functions including leave of absence administration, unemployment insurance,
worker's compensation reporting, HRIS system administrator, managing personnel
files, managing employee credentials, and tracking and reporting HR metrics.
The Sr. Human
Resources Generalist will support our Orange County and Los Angeles County
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates legally mandated employee leaves (FMLA,
Workers' Comp, etc.). Ensure the agency
is following all state and federal leave and reasonable accommodation laws.
- Administers leaves of absence for Agency employees;
receives initial notification from employee or supervisor; obtains appropriate
documentation; designates leave (e.g., FMLA/CFRA/PDL, etc.); ensures written
documentation/communication with the employee regarding leave, disability and
benefits information; tracks timeline and communicates with employee and
manager as necessary.
- Enters employee leaves into the FMLA manager for
tracking and reporting.
- Investigates employee complaints, including
discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Writes investigation reports and
make corrective action recommendations to leadership.
- Assist legal in responding to subpoenas by preparing
documents, scanning personnel files, arranging depositions and attending
- Respond and resolve help desk inquiries. Track and
report on overall quantity and type of help desk requests and resolutions.
Identify and report findings of end-user needs/issues. Initiate efforts and
procedures to maintain data integrity, troubleshoot, and recommend solutions.
- Solicit feedback and identify the overall needs of
e3 end users. Prepare and distribute timely and appropriate communications.
Serve as the lead resource for input and maintenance of the e3 system. Seek out
new opportunities to promote e3 functionality.
- Develop and conduct in-house e3 training programs to
end-users. Develop and maintain up-to-date end-user training manuals and
- Inspects documentation and license information to
ensure compliance with laws and policies, supervises the establishment of
employee files hard copy and electronic.
- Manages drivers' driving (DMV Pull Notices) and
other record, including expired insurance coverage; notifies manager and employee
regarding any status changes that could affect driving privilege, loss of
insurance deniability for new hires; ensures licenses remain current.
- Ensures contracts and all pertinent documents are
completed for independent contractors and forwarded for signature at the
beginning of each fiscal year
- Consulting employees in workplace issues and
maintain accurate employee relations documentation and records.
- Responds to unemployment insurance claims and
attends hearings as necessary.
- Manage post-employment processing, including: final
payroll check; post-employment correspondence.
- Conduct exit interviews to assist in assessing
recruitment and retention opportunities.
Create reports and analyze exit interview data to make recommendations
to the leadership team.
- Ensure employee record retention; maintains active
and terminated employee files
- Guiding Directors, managers, supervisors on policies
and procedures and best practices.
- Coordinate with program Project Administrators to
assist with HR tasks and functions. (i.e., audit documentation requests)
- May participate in the development and
implementation of employee services/committees such as PHCA engagement
committee; health and safety committee, and employee recreational and morale
enhancing social events.
- Gathers and analyzes data and provides the
supervisor and others with routine and special reports (e.g., turnover, hiring
statistics, employee relations issues, etc.); and ensures preparation and
submission of employee information to government agencies as required by law.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of labor
and related laws, industry trends, and effective human resources practice
through participation in seminars and classes, membership in professional
organizations, reading, and contacts in the industry.
- Ensures confidentiality of all employee data in
accordance with privacy policies
- Attends all required staff training sessions in
accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all
training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission,
Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Four years of experience in an administrative or
professional-level human resources staff position REQUIRED
- Bachelor's or Master;s degree in Business Management/Human
Resource Management REQUIRED
- HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, GPHR) REQUIRED
- Master's in Business Management/Human Resource
Management or related field preferred.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License,
have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on
Phoenix House policy
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix
House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For– Integrity, Collaboration
Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability and willingness to report to work on time
and ready for work on each scheduled day.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Exceptional ability to prioritize tasks and to work
on multiple assignments at the same time (multi-task).
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the
concepts of providing outstanding customer care.
- Ability to work independently on complex assignments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to
make decisions independently and communicate effectively when dealing with
clients, families, other staff members, department heads, visitors, external
agencies and community members
- Knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA),
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Labor, and other codes, laws, rules,
policies, procedures, and union avoidance strategies.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
writing with appropriate documentation skills to complete reports, utilize
data, and communicate ideas constructively at all levels of the organization.
- The Generalist is accountable for his/her area of
responsibility and must: push information, influence decision-making, and
risk-taking to the lowest level of responsibility.
- Knowledge of principles of equal opportunity
- Demonstrate flexibility in applying different
approaches to changing work demands
- Be open to opinions and recommendations of others
- Ability to manage change and uncertainty in a way
that encourages principle-based decisions
- Responsible for personal stress management
- Be assertive and respectful
- Resolve issues through interaction
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce
appropriate boundaries with client/patients of Phoenix House
- Write clear and concise reports and interpret
- Demonstrated ability to learn
Job Location: Lake View Terrace, CA
Job ID: 214