Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records to
track the organization's assets, liabilities, profit and loss, accounts
receivable, purchasing and other related financial activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general
cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
financials and reporting for programs and funders.
- Will administer
Grant Accountant responsibilities for certain programs.
- Maintains the
- Codes invoices,
sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles cash
disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial
accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or
completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures
payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside
auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents
to perform annual audit.
- Manages the
purchasing process with departments.
- Will oversee
credit cards purchases and records.
- Monitors accounts
receivable and generates invoices.
knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Ensures compliance
with local, state, and federal confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Attends all
required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state
licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and
participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and
promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role
model for others
- Other duties as
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of
automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision,
and Values: I CARE For- Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect,
Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer
service-oriented, and collaborative
Job Location: Lake View Terrace, CA
Job Number: 461