Child Family Specialist
(Full-Time) Reporting to the Director of Wraparound Services, the Child Family is responsible for providing one-on-one support and behavioral interventions to resolve issues identified in the Plan of Care.
- Provide one-on-one support and behavioral interventions to clients and/or their families using a team and community-based approach. Plans and implements individual and group activities that encourage the child's social and emotional growth.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed (including evenings, nights and weekends). Participate in the development of appropriate crisis plans.
- Transport program participants in personal vehicle to scheduled court appearances, doctors' appointments, other off-site appointments, and events.
- Associates of Arts in Human Services, Social Work or Psychology plus one (1) years' experience working with high risk youth (or)
- High School Diploma (or GED) plus three (3) years' experience working with high risk youth.
- Must maintain a valid CA Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred
- Experience working with high risk youth required.
- Ability and willingness to report to work on time and ready for work on each scheduled day.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to make decisions independently and communicate effectively when dealing with clients, families, other staff members, department heads, visitors, external agencies and community members
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with appropriate documentation skills to complete reports, utilize data and communicate ideas constructively
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with client/patients of Phoenix House
- Strong crisis management, conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Must show aptitude for working as part of a team
- Computer literate; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Demonstrated ability to utilize an electronic clinical management system
- Possession of counseling personality skills as reflected by a Counselor Profile Assessment
- Good organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Job Location: Lake View Terrace, CA
Job ID: 78